Course/Programme: BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation
Foundation Year 0 (Level 0)
Year 2 Level 4
Year 3 Level 5
Year 4 Level 6 Foundation Year 0 (Level 0)
Module Title: Integrated Professional Skills in Digital Age
Module Leader: Chandranna Rayadurg
Assignment title: Integrated Professional Skills in Digital Age
Assignment number: 1
Weighting: 100% of overall module grade
Date given out: June 2021
Submission date: 6th September 2021
For late submission, please check CCCU Taught regulation (page 28 on late submission) and Extenuating Policy: CCCU Taught regulation
CCCU Extenuating Circumstances Policy
Method of submission: x Online only Online and paper copy
Special instructions for submission (if any):
Date for results and feedback
(please note the final grade is subject to the main CCCU assessment Board)
Learning outcomes assessed: LO1. Understand the key terms and considerations associated with using the internet
LO2. Take responsibility for personal security and privacy when using the internet
LO3. Develop online research skills
LO4. Develop digital communication skills
The penalty to be applied to late course work, which will include course work where the work is graded on a pass/fail basis and it is possible to give a numerical mark, will be 5 per cent (of the eligible marks) per day, for up to seven days, after which a mark of 0 will be recorded.
Technology has never been more important than the use of it at the current time due to COVID-19. Many businesses are trying to keep their services online and conducting communications like meetings, conferences etc online.
You are required to write a report on the following topics:
• Compare and contrast between the positive and negative aspects of services and products being sold online and offline.
• Discuss the challenges and measures of security and privacy that individuals and businesses take when they go online.
• Due to widespread of COVID-19, many businesses are turning to provide their services online. Select any two tools, compare and contrast their features, applications, suitability etc.
You can consider the following tools: Zoom, Go to Meeting, Team viewer, WebEx etc.
Formatting and Report
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
1. Writing: Written in English in an appropriate business/academic style
2. Focus: Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment.
3. Document format: Report
4. Ensure a clear title, course, and name or ID number is on a cover sheet and a reference using Harvard referencing throughout is also provided.
5. Research: Research should use reliable and relevant sources of information e.g. academic books and journals that have been peer reviewed. The research should be extensive.
The use of a range of information sources is expected – academic books, peer reviewed journal articles, professional articles, press releases and newspaper articles, reliable statistics, company annual reports and other company information. All referencing should be in Harvard style.
Please refer to CCCU General Assessment Grading Criteria and rubric
• Level 4
• Level 5
• Level 6