This is Political Science & Sociology class at Baker College.Social Issue Advocacy (Direct Measure) - Due Sunday of Module 3 (baker College) – SOC3050
I chose to volunteer in Focus Detroit as part of service-learning project
Focus Detroit help people in Detroit with free meals, school supplies, Ext. See the website.
I am supposed to write about my learning experience with Focus Detroit.
(1) State who you are. Give a brief overview of the organization. Describe the mission statement/ purpose of the organization. Introduces self and give a complete overview of the organization and mission statement/ purpose of the organization. Fully supports information as needed.
(2) Describe the social issue that the organization addresses. Explain why you are advocating for the issue. Explain why the issue is important in the community. Explain the impact of the issue on the community. Complete discussion of the social issue addressed, why it is important and the impact it has on the community. Fully supports information as needed.
(3) From a local perspective, discuss what specific diverse groups are impacted by this social issue. Explain. Complete discussion on what specific diverse groups are impacted by this social issue. Fully supports information as needed.
(4) Discuss two specific actions that you believe (based on your research) should be taken by the person or group to whom you are writing. Complete discussion of 2 specific actions you believe should be taken. Fully supports information as needed.
(5) This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeISLO 2D Civic Knowledge/Community Responsibility - Community/Social Responsibility and Advocacy
Capstone: Provides detailed evidence of a strong personal awareness/responsibility to social and community advocacy. Includes awareness and understanding of the positive benefits of a personal obligation to the society at large. Demonstrates full awareness and understanding of community responsibility.