Assessment 2: Individual written essay (30%): 1200 - 1500 words - due Week 9
This essay allows you to demonstrate your understanding of Capacity building in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities, and why community development of this kind is an appropriate approach in these communities.
It also allows you to demonstrate your ability to analyse community development programs and their impacts in the areas of health, education and employment amongst disadvantaged and marginalised groups.
[AP1]This is from the Learning Outcomes.
For this assessment, you are required to discuss:
· In relation to Community Development, what is Capacity building?
· Why is this important when working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities?
· Briefly outline the current experiences and ongoing impacts of colonisation on the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities in the areas of health, education or employment.
· Research one (1) Community Development project which focuses on health, education or employment in an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
· Discuss how this project is relevant and supportive to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community.
Along with other resources, please be sure to include suggested references from this unit outline, and resources from your weekly readings.
You must use APA 7 referencing. Your essay should include at least 5 scholarly journal articles that you have read, in addition to any textbook references. The format of your essay will be discussed in greater detail during tutorials. Do NOT utilise sources such as www.tutor2u.com and other such web materials as these in no way constitute academic references for the purpose of your assignments. If you rely on such sources for theoretical support, you will be deemed NOT to have met the requirements of the assessment