Promote Products and Services
To be filled out and submitted with assessment responses
? I declare that this task and any attached document related to the task is all my own work and I have not cheated or plagiarised the work or colluded with any other student(s)
? I understand that if I If I am found to have plagiarised, cheated or colluded, action will be taken against me according to the process explained to me
? I have correctly referenced all resources and reference texts throughout these assessment tasks.
? I have read and understood the assessment requirements for this unit
? I understand the rights to re-assessment
? I understand the right to appeal the decisions made in the assessment
Promote products and services
Student ID number
Student signature Date: 15/7/22
Task Number 1
-----OFFICE USE ONLY-----
For Trainer and Assessor to complete:
? Student requested reasonable adjustment for the assessment
Question Marking Sheet - Assessor to complete.
Did the student satisfactorily address each question as instructed:
S NYS DNS Comments
Question 1 S
Question 2 S
Question 3 S
Question 4 S
Question 5 S
Question 6 S
Task Outcome: Satisfactory ? Not Yet Satisfactory ?
Assessor Name: Arif Khadem
Table of Content
Student Declaration 2
Task 1 – Knowledge Questionnaire 5
Answer all the questions below: 6
Question 1 7
Question 2 7
Question 3 8
Question 4 8
Question 5 9
Question 6 9
Appendix 1 – Legislation and regulations 10
Task 1 – Knowledge Questionnaire
Task summary and instructions
What is this assessment task about? This assessment is a written questionnaire with a mix of objective and subjective questions.
The questionnaire is designed to meet the knowledge required to meet the unit requirements safely and effectively.
The questions focus on the knowledge evidence required for this unit of competency:
• outline the legislative and regulatory context of the organisation as relevant to the marketing plan
• outline the planning processes for organising promotional activities
• explain the organisation’s marketing objectives and how they support the overall business objectives
• explain how common promotional activities could be used to support the marketing objectives with reference to
• client functions
• employee functions
• media announcements
• product launches
• web pages.
What do I need to do to complete this task satisfactorily? • submit your answers to the questions within the set timeframe,
• answer all questions as instructed,
• answer all questions using your own words and reference any sources appropriately,
• all questions must be answered satisfactorily.
It is advisable to:
• review the questions carefully,
• answer the questions using online research and the learning material provided for the unit and by reviewing real or simulated relevant business documentation (such as policies and procedures),
• further research the topics addressed in each question.
Specifications You must submit to GOALS the
• assessment coversheet,
• answers to all questions,
Resources and equipment • computer with Internet access,
• access to Microsoft Office suites or similar software,
• learning material,
• legislation and regulations (Appendix 1).
What will the assessor be looking for? Your assessor will be looking for demonstrated evidence of your ability to answer the questions satisfactorily, follow instructions, conduct online research and review real or simulated business documentation, such as policies and procedures related to project management.
Re-submission opportunities You will be provided feedback on your performance by the Assessor. The feedback will indicate if you have satisfactorily addressed the requirements of each part of this task. If any parts of the task are not satisfactorily completed, the assessor will explain why, and provide you with written feedback along with guidance on what you must undertake to demonstrate satisfactory performance. Re-assessment attempt(s) will be arranged at a later time and date. You have the right to appeal the outcome of assessment decisions if you feel that you have been dealt with unfairly or have other appropriate grounds for an appeal. You are encouraged to consult with the assessor prior to attempting this task if you do not understand any part of this task or if you have any learning issues or needs that may hinder you when attempting any part of the task.
Answer all the questions below:
The following questions relate to the case scenario below:
The owner of a café in your area wants to extend their opening hours to midnight on Wednesday to Saturday nights. The café is located in the main street of your town and is surrounded by a number of restaurants which already provide late night dining. To attract diners and grow her business the owner would like to provide an alternative experience which includes providing entertainment, taking group and party bookings and using the space for hosting events. The owner plans to expand her business to start another café if the plans for this one are successful.
You are a marketing consultant and the owner approaches you to plan and execute a series of promotional activities to support this new initiative and build the reputation of the business.
Identify and list the key legislations and regulations that need to be considered when planning promotions in this scenario.
Answer (50-150 words)
Describe the essential steps you will take in planning these promotions.
Answer (50- 100 words)
Explain the marketing objectives and how they support the business objectives.
Answer (50-100 words)
Provide examples of promotional activities and explain how they could be used to support the marketing objectives with reference to:
Categories Promotional activity and how it supports the marketing objective/s (50-100 words each)
Briefly explain the content of action plans for promotional activities and provide an example for each.
Categories Brief explanation (50-100 words each) Examples
Resources and responsibilities
Identify internal and external stakeholders involved in coordinating promotional activities and outline their roles and responsibilities.
Categories Brief outline (20-30 words)
Roles and responsibilities (30-50 words)
Appendix 1 – Legislation and regulations
• Privacy Act : https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/the-privacy-act/
• Anti-Discrimination Acts : https://www.humanrights.gov.au/sites/default/files/GPGB_quick_guide_to_discrimination_laws_0.pdf
• WHS: https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/
• Contract Law : https://www.acc.com/resource-library/australian-contract-law
• Advertising : (https://www.accc.gov.au/accc-book/printer-friendly/29527
• Australian Consumer Law and Marketing Communication: (http://www.marketingminds.com.au/regulation.html )
• Warranties and Guaranties : http://www.marketingminds.com.au/regulation.html
• Anti-competitive behaviour: https://www.accc.gov.au/business/anti-competitive-behaviour
• Advertising codes and regulations: https://www.communicationscouncil.org.au/public/content/ViewCategory.aspx?id=306
• Intellectual Property : https://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/about-us/legislation/ip-legislation
• Business marketing : https://www.business.gov.au/Marketing/Marketing-and-advertising/Business-marketing
• Competition and Consumer Act 2010: https://www.accc.gov.au/about-us/australian-competition-consumer-commission/legislation
• Australian Consumer Law (ACL) : https://www.business.gov.au/Products-and-services/Fair-trading/Australian-Consumer-law
• Food Standards Codes: https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/code/Pages/default.aspx